Sunday, November 14, 2010

My first Meet-n-Greet

Hello!
Bart here! It's Sunday afternoon, and this retirement life is pretty great. I've got plenty of time to relax and hang out, but it's not boring. I'm learning a lot, too. Like how to go up and down stairs. Man, those things look like a mountain at first, but I found if you only look at one step ahead, it's not so scary. I go up and down whenever I want. I stumbled a little yesterday, but the stairs here are well padded and carpeted, so it was OK.

Yesterday was very exciting. I went to my first meeting event. My foster mom put me in the car with some treats. I like riding in the car. There's so much to see and smell! Then we went to a big place with slippery floors and I met lots of other greys. It was fun to spend time with a pack. There were other dogs there, too and lots of humans who did a good job rubbing my ears and telling me how handsome I am. I was also fascinated my these little furry things called hamsters. They looked fun but my mom wouldn't let me too close to see for sure.

Then we went to another house and visited some more humans, including a little girl named Celia who I really liked. She laid down on the floor with me and gave me a nice massage, and she's a great hugger, too! I love hugs!

Whew! I was outside for a while watching my humans rake leaves. I don't know why they do it, but it was fun to watch. Now, I need a nap!
Woof!

No comments:

Post a Comment